Buying a New Sofa – The Pros and Cons of Online Comparisons
Without doubt the sofa (couch or settee) is a significant investment. Whether for the family home, a corporate office, waiting room, nightclub or bar; the task of seating people comfortably is an important one. In addition to comfort; looks, colour and style are also essential factors to take into account. Comparing and then choosing a new sofa online involves a series of straightforward steps and we will examine them shortly.
Firstly however, let us consider the pros and cons of shopping online for a new sofa.
1. The main benefit to using the web is that it saves you time. It does take a while to go out and walk around large stores to look at all the sofas and other items of furniture. Its unlikely you’ll get it done all in one day. Online one can literally scan thorough hundreds of items without having to leave the house.
2. This next advantage is also about saving time but it applies to sofa comparison websites in particular. When visiting a whole bunch of separate retailers online one has to bookmark all the separate urls, jot down prices on a notepad, and try to remember which sofas were seen on which pages, and so on. This is altogether a pretty tricky and time consuming task. On a sofa comparison site however, one can see what’s on offer all in one place. Price ranges can be set, as can sizes, styles, coverings and so on. This helps the user narrow down the potential sofas quickly and easily.
3. Variety is the spice of life as they say, and a sofa comparison website offers that variety right in front of you. With a greater range of products to choose from one is almost spoilt for choice. The main point here is that your chances of finding exactly what you need at a price you can afford are increased many fold.
4. Value for money. Many websites have exclusive voucher codes which allows the user to snap up a bargain.
5. Information. The online review system allows web surfers to read up on prospective sofas before purchase.
1. The main drawback of buying a sofa online is that one can’t sit on it to try it out. One has to go by the reviews to ascertain the firmness or sponginess of the cushions and so on.
Its very clear that the pros far outweigh the cons when it comes to buying a sofa from an online comparison website. So how does one go about making a good choice when presented with all the sofas in a large variety of shapes, sizes and colours?
1. First of all decide on a price range. You know how much you have to spend so this step is easy.
2. Decide on what size you need. Again very easy. If you are just starting out in a new home of your own a 2 seater will suffice.
3. Decide on styles and colours. These are the personal factors and can be tricky. As far as style goes, you’ll choose between modern/contemporary, traditional or designer. With colours you’ll decide between natural (browns, greens); neutral (beiges, soft tones) and bright (oranges, yellows) and so on.
4. Additional choices will be between sofa beds, reclining sofas and corner sofas.
5. Finally you’ll decide whether you want some accessories like extra cushions, footstools or additional armchairs to go with your new sofa.